Your website like you in real life has a distinct identity in the online world. Just as you’d need to eat wholesome and nutritious foods to keep yourself in the pink of health, you’d have to regularly update your site by uploading fresh content. Search engines constantly keep on trawling websites in order to create SERPs in every conceivable product or service category. If you occasionally update your portal with fresh and relevant content, the chances of it resting a good enough rank and consequently attracting more traffic get a tremendous boost. Besides these, there are host of other reasons for frequently refreshing website content.
Google, Yahoo, and Hotmail uses bots or web crawlers that undertake website indexing based on specific algorithmic factors like frequency of updates, incoming traffic, number and sort of keywords. Frequent upgrading of content will be favored by the search engines which in turn will augment the possibility of the site achieving a better rank during recurrent page ranking drives. However, you should also bear in mind that side by side with refreshing content, you’ll also have to keep an eye on the quality aspect. Irrelevant and/or poor quality of content can abysmally bring down the rank of your site.
Undoubtedly the best way of constantly remaining in the ‘good books’ of Google is to keep updating your site with a fresh blog or article at least three times in a week. Uploading a fresh blog every alternate day will not only keep regular visitors hooked to your site but also attract new visitors that’ll not go unnoticed by Google. The more frequently you change and refresh content, the more opportunities you’ve to infuse the same with keywords. Optimized keywords are instrumental to according the site a good rank. For instance, if your site is dedicated to retailing ‘residential painting’ you can add a blog every 2nd day that’ll offer tips on how to augment the overall décor of a room via paintworks.
Rapid strides being made in the field of IT are being increasingly harnessed by smalltime businesses that has not only increased competition amongst them but also made it more healthy and just. More and more small enterprises are stepping up their investments in IT in order to garner higher revenues. Following are some advanced technologies that are proving instrumental in finding solutions to everyday business issues.
Staying in the clouds
Most small businesses do not have the time or wherewithal for high-end IT tasks. This shortcoming of the smalltime companies is being exploited by online establishments offering cloud storage services. More than 50% of SME firms are entrusting the task of database archiving to companies offering cloud services. Dropbox and SkyDrive are two popular apps for sharing and exchanging files across multiple platforms and devices.
Almost all popular brands of smartphones are able to showcase different types and categories of websites. Even tablets of different makes are able to incorporate sites that users can log in to while on the go. A typical visitor to any site belonging to a small company can glance through different products or images of a single product and place an online order as well as pay for the same.
Since a majority of small and medium business concerns are dependent on smartphones for their livelihood, stolen or lost digital gadgets can have adverse effects on them. There are many sites that guide smartphone users on securing their gadgets with encryption codes or deleting sensitive data that’ll discourage or prevent cyberpunks and hackers from deciphering the same. Lookout Mobile Security Premium is one site that instructs users on how to lock, locate or wipe out devices.
Keeping in touch with remotely located employees, suppliers, business partners, and customers can be financially draining for small firms. Web-based teleconferencing like webinars and online sessions allow the above stakeholders in a business to interact with each other doing away with the need to make expensive phone calls.
Developing and hosting a brand new website is a no-brainer these days owing to the availability of free web-design and web development tools that are easy to use. The challenge lies in attracting the maximum number of visitors to your site as well as getting them to keep revisiting your site. The more traffic the site attracts, the better are the chances of increasing sales of your product and garnering more revenues. The following ways can help in attracting increased traffic to your portal.
- SEO (search engine optimization)-Constantly updating content of your site with fresh blogs and articles punctuated with relevant and optimized keywords is the best way to attract traffic. Quality content interspersed with pertinent keywords, deleting outdated content, and stationing backlinks will also help your site gain a better rank during search engines’ page ranking drives.
- PPC-Pay per click promotional ads can reroute more traffic to your portal from Google which is the world’s most popular search engine. You earmark as little as 5 cents for each click that your ad generates on Google AdWords where your main goal is to have optimum ROI.
- Facebook Ads-The strategy that Facebook applies in publicizing your ad is very much similar to that of Google’s. It’s up to you how you intend to pay for placing ad on Facebook’s page-affix a daily rate, pay for per click or pay only when visitors go through your ad.
- YouTube-Creating footages of your product or service and uploading the same on YouTube can also go a long way in diverting traffic to your site. Alternatively, you can post your ad on footages uploaded by other individuals for which you’ll have to pay a minimal sum.
- Email Marketing-This is a tried and tested way of channeling more visitors to websites. Convince visitors why your product or service is unique and how by subscribing to your site, they’ll be able to reap the benefits.